Aeropress Brewing Guide
The AeroPress is a relative newcomer to the coffee party. It’s an innovative, little gadget that’s a cheap, effective way of making a great espresso-like coffee. It is fast becoming a hit with gadget lovers everywhere – he (or she) will almost certainly have one. For the best results use our Tempero Signature, Sicilian, Espresso or Costa Rican Blend.
What you need :
Your favourite Tempero blend : 15g for 250ml
Freshly boiled water : 250/ml
Burr Grinder: ( if using coffee beans )
Grind size : medium fine
Brew time : Total : 2 minutes
Scales ( optional )
How to brew :
1. Place a clean dry filter paper in the Aeropress cap and secure it to the body.
2. Place the body over your cup, with the cap down.
3. Flush the contraption with hot water. This will preheat the vessel and rinse the filter paper. Empty the water from your cup.
4. Put your ground coffee in the Aeropress body.
5. Pour in water, saturating all the grounds.
6. Stir it – quickly! – a couple of times.
7. At an angle, carefully insert the plunger. Once it’s in, pull it up slightly to create a vacuum.
8. After 90 seconds of steeping, start the plunge. You might have to push a little – watch out for the cup below. The extraction should take around 30 seconds.
9. Carefully remove the Aeropress and enjoy your coffee.